How to do crunches
How to do crunches
- At First, lie down flat on the mat and bend your knee, keeping your feet on the floor.
- Place both the hands behind your head or instead, put them crossed on your chest.
- Inhale and lift your upper body. Exhale as you ease back and balancing your body movement.
- Do not put pressure on your neck.
- For the best result practice it for 10 minutes and repeat it for 2 to 3 times every day.
Now, if you can easily perform the basic crunches then you need to try its variations.
- At first, place your feet on table position, bent at a right angle (90 degrees).
- While crossing your arms against the chest, you can also use weight.
- Stay in this position for a little bit longer.
Following the basic crunches, now you need to try the twist crunches to achieve a more effective result to burn your belly fat.
How to do twist crunch
- Lie down on the mat and put your hand behind your head and bend your knee. Twist crunches are somehow similar to basic crunches.
- Now, lift your torso in a twisted form and lift your right shoulder toward your left without lifting your left torso.
- Similarly, lift your left shoulder toward your right without lifting your left torso.
- Repeat it for at least 10-15 times.
Side crunches are similar to twist crunches. The only difference is to only tilt your legs to the same without lifting your shoulder. Basically, it targets your side muscles and it gives a good shape to your belly.
How to do side crunches
- Lie down on the mat and put your hand behind your head while bending your knee.
- Tilt your legs to the same without lifting your shoulder
- Repeat it for at least 10-15 minutes.
You need to take some precautions while performing Side Crunches
- Make slow and steady movements.
- While performing quick, you may twist your body and hurt other parts of it.
Reverse crunches are effective compared to ab crunches. Reverse crunches is somehow similar to the side and twisted crunches.
- How to do reverse crunches
- Lie down on the floor.
- Put your arm behind your head. So that, your head can rest on your palm.
- Use your belly muscle and lift your hip up from the floor.
- While doing so, make sure you are using your belly muscles. If not then, at first you need to perform basic crunches to increase your vital strength.
How to Use Ab Crunch Machine?
Basically, most people prefer ab crunches due to the vulnerable neck and lower back injuries. Here are the instructions to use the ab machines.
- Take a proper position on the ab machine.
- Without hurting yourself put the weight on your feet and try to pull yourself back.
- Roll back up and repeat.
- You can perform as many reps depending upon your fortitude and goals.
Benefits of Ab Crunches and Ab Machine
- It helps to reduce belly fat and attain flatter abs.
- It balances your body and gives an attractive figure.
- Ab machine is very much useful and is good for the beginners and injured ones.
Word of caution
You need to very cautious while working out. Following point should be kept in mind while performing ab crunches
- Lack of cautiousness could lead an individual to the injuries. So, be careful with your neck while performing crunches.
- A beginner can take the help of the trainer or experienced person.