Candlestick is very effective and killer exercise to kill your muffin top. It was introduced by Pop Pilates trainer CasseyHo. Especially, this exercise targets oblique muscles. It will surely help you out to get the better result.
How to do:
- Tighten your abs and make your back straight then get on your knees. If your knees are sensitive then put the cushion.
- Keep your right leg straight on the side. Your knees need to be straight.
- Now, raise your left hand straight and then bind your finger, keeping your 2 fingers joined just like Charlie’s Angels pose.
- Bend at your waist to the left making it parallel to the floor and go low as much as you can.
- Now, get back to comfort position
- Do at least 15 reps and then repeat the same practice to the other side.
Hips Dips are very much effective exercise in toning those waistline and oblique muscles.
How to do:
- Tighten your abs and get down into the plank position.
- Get down on your forearm and Bend your right elbow forming a forearm plank.
- Then, pile your left leg over your right leg and put your left hand on your hip.
- Now push your hips towards the floor and again lift it back.
- Practice at least 10 reps and repeat the same instructions to the other side.
Rolling plank is a classic plank exercise. Basically, it tones your mid-section and is a good form of cardio.
How to do:
- With a straight arm and tight abs, get down in a standard plank. Your hand should go straight under your shoulder.
- Roll down to your left into side plank and get back into the plank position.
- Similarly, roll to your right and again get back to plank position.
- Keeps on changing the side for 10 rolls each side.
Butt Lift is the most effective exercise for muffin top. Basically, it targets your oblique muscles, abs, muffin tops and lifts your butt.
How to do
- At first, lie down flat on the floor and then bend your knees.
- Now, lift your butt and form a horizontal line.
- And then put your body down.
- Practice at least for 15-20 times.
Generally, hip twists are known as waist whittlers. This exercise is effective and delivers good shape to your waist.
How to do:
- Put your shoulder under your forearm and body in a horizontal position and form a form a forearm plank.
- Mow, twist your right hip and touch the floor and do the same for the left side.
- For best result do at least 20 twists.
Bicycle crunches are best for abs. This exercise targets your abdominal fat and muffin tops.
- Lie down flat on the floor, bending your knees and lift it up, so that your calf become parallel to the floor.
- To support your head and neck, place your hand behind the back.
- Now, bring your right knee near your left elbow. Make sure your left knee should be straight and should remain up from the floor.
- Now do the same for your left knee and right elbow while straightening your left leg.
- Keep on alternating and do it for at least 1-2 minute.
Russian twist is an effective exercise that targets your muffin top. Generally, it helps to get rid of muffin top and reinforce your abs. depending upon your endurance; you can perform your exercise with weight or without weight.
- Sit on the floor, bend your knees and press your feet on the floor and lean little bit back.
- Grab a dumbbell or something weighty in your hands. If it is uncomfortable for you then you can join your hands together.
- Now rotate your hand or dumbbell, twisting your torso with it.
- For effective result, practice it for at least 10 twists each side.
Heat wave is an amazing exercise for abs, waist, and butt.
- Lie down on the floor and press it with your feet.
- v Lift your hips up from the floor and draw a line from shoulder to knees.
- v Now, move your hip from left to right.
- v Move it for at least 15 waves and then get back to comfortable position.